Second hand seller experience is a mess. Needs some improvements.

I think second hand buying will develop a lot in the next decades.

But still, I see a major issue/bottleneck.
Seller/vendor experience.

See the flow to sell a product.

  1. I take (good) pictures of it.
  2. I get all info I need to write a good description, put it in the right category, put the right price, right package size.
  3. I post my selling
  4. I take potential incoming questions/negotiation requests.
  5. I make the selling!
  6. I print the prepaid sending voucher (usually generated at selling time by the marketplace).
    1. If I don't have a printer I have to not forget to print it at the office.
  7. I pack my selling
    1. I buy/find a box rightly sized to pack it.
    2. I pack it carefully and try to protect it. If I have pack it badly I'll get a bad rating.
    3. I put the prepaid selling voucher on the box.
  8. I go to the post office
    1. I pay attention to opening times. Post office is far from 24/7 at least in France.
    2. I queue. In France, with covid, can be long.
    3. I give the package to the postman
  9. I wait for reception confirmation
Steps 1 to 5 are pretty smooth.
Step 6 to 8 are pretty painful.
Only people really motivated will be ok with this pain. The vast majority won't.

Ideally:
- You just go to the post office with your sold stuff and a QR code of the selling on your phone. A prepaid box is given to you. It has the right address, right size. Some stuff to protect items to be sent are given to you. You pack it and give it to the postman.
OR
- A person come to your house at a predefined time. He comes with a box that has the right address already and  stuff to protect items. You do the packing immediately. He leave your house with your package.